Thursday, October 15, 2015

FG-857 720P Video Projector :::::Firmware Update::::

The FG-857 has a new firmware update.

The update addresses a red hue in the images that customers have been experiencing. The update can be downloaded below.

Simply download the file to a flash drive, plug the flash drive into the projector's USB port. Go to MENU > SOFTWARE UPDATE > YES. The update will install. You will restart the projector at that time.


You can email us at: support@fugetek.com 
We will send the file for updating the unit.

*Also, if the unit is not accepting the update, then the unit does not require the update. Units purchased from Nov. 2015 forward do not require the update.


We strive to improve our products and listen to our customers needs.
Feel to contact us regarding our products so we can continue to improve.


14 comments:

  1. Worked great for me, thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It keeps saying cannot detect software for me what could I be doing wrong I tried zipped and unzipped

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, tried zipped, unzipped, formatted the stick different ways, just cant get it to work at all...any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I decided to google firmware update for Fugetek!

    This firmware update worked for me. I unzipped the MERGE.BIN file to a 1Gigabyte USB 2.0 drive that was formatted as FAT32 file system.

    Plugged it into USB port 1 on the projector and was able to update succesfully.
    Projector restarted automatically and although I was unable to check what firmware version it updated to, I noticed the menu icons looked different.

    For those having trouble with firmware being detected, I'd suggest to check that the USB drive you're using is USB 2.0 and formatted as FAT or FAT 32 file system in Windows OS.

    Good luck all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same unable to detect issue. I did unzip the file. My USB is 2.0 and FAT32

    ReplyDelete
  6. uumm....maybe.....like the article says....if yours is newer than 2015 it will not take the update....just a thought....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replaced it with an optima 142x now anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete